When we developed the Tarmac Disc, we didn't just want it to be fast. We wanted it to be fast everywhere. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos—we built a race bike to be the most complete out there. How’d we do it? We started with our 500-piece, Rider-First Engineered frame with a perfectly-tuned ride quality for every size, add in some serious aero tech that makes it 45 seconds faster than the Tarmac SL5, and then made it 20% lighter. Nothing is lighter, faster, and better handling.
- For the construction of the Tarmac, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 10r carbon. It's the most advanced material, and schedule, we've ever made and this allowed us to shed nearly 200 grams. That's right, a 20% reduction in frame weight—the perfect recipe for your next hill climb PR.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, three areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape, dropped seatstays with aero tubes, and a D-shaped seatpost and seat tube. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 45 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- SRAM's new Force eTAP AXS brings a whole new level of shifting to the road. It's 12-speed setup is not only crisp and extremely quiet, but with the help of a 10-tooth cog, it has a gear range unlike any other road group.
Electronic drivetrain systems deliver excellent shifting, easy set up, and solid battery life. Here are some benefits of electronic shifting that you don't want to miss.
Electronic shifting systems use powerful servo motors to rapidly shift the chain. Because microprocessors and sensors constantly monitor every aspect of the system, they shift with surgical precision and without chain rub.
Many major systems have customizable shifting. Some have the ability to add remote shifters for common riding positions, and some even allow you to change the functions of the shifting buttons.
Electronic groupsets are responsive and consistent. There are no cables to stretch and wear out, so you get a flawless shift every time. The added bonus is you'll never have to replace a derailleur cable ever again.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Tarmac SL6, FACT 10r carbon, Rider-First Engineered, OSBB, clean routing, internally integrated seat clamp, , flat-mount disc|
|Fork||FACT 10r carbon, flat-mount disc|
Front: 12x100mm thru-axle
Rear: 12x142mm thru-axle
Front: Roval CL 50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, 21h
Rear: Roval CL 50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, DT Swiss 350 internals, 24h
|Tires||S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Crankset||SRAM Force AXS,|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB for BB30|
|Chain||SRAM Force, 12-speed|
|Front Derailleur||SRAM Force eTAP AXS|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM Force eTAP AXS|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM CS XG 1270, 12-speed, 10-33t|
|Handlebars||S-Works Shallow Bend Carbon, 125mm drop x 75 mm reach|
|Tape/Grips||S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel|
|Stem||Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt|
|Brakes||SRAM Force eTAP, hydraulic disc|
|Seat Post||S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Teal Tint/Black Reflective/Clean / 54cm||888818528738||90620-1154||29037|
|Gloss Teal Tint/Black Reflective/Clean / 56cm||888818528721||90620-1156|